Thanks to Antoine at NSWKBA this just came by my inbox! This will be a really good event for sure and it’s right on our Sydney doorstep!! Kurnell is going to be a great spot for the comp, great wind, lots of space to sit and watch from and the local hospitality will be legendary! This comp is open to anyone that can jump and it looks like there will be a comp specifically for people like you and me that aren’t doing knee defying 200ft megaloops! It’s going to be a blast and I hope I can make it down there to watch and maybe do a report. Check out the details below and shoot any questions you have in the comments below..
2015 NATIONAL FREESTYLE CHAMPIONSHIPS
for all Intermediate to Advanced riders.
It is on our doorstep at Kurnell Beach so we expect a large turnout of NSW kiters to enter this event and hopefully take home the TOP Awards and some UP & COMING Awards.
Entries from other States are on the rise, so come on SYDNEY – WE WANT YOU! – ENTER NOW! The event will be held over 4 days at Kurnell beach from MARCH 12 -15 with predicted winds around 15-20 knots but we recommend you bring kites of all sizes, as that time of year can bring some howling wind mixed with breezes.
Note- that the Juniors are broken up into Under 16 and Under 18, so here is a great chance for the New Comers to take home an Award and/or a great Prize!
Exult Kitewear are designing the Event Tee which is going to be a sort after item which each entrant will receive on arrival. Bravo Pumps are on board with some powered pumps and other items to give away and DEMO on the beach Mystic have given us some harnesses and the BIG KITE BRANDS are all there to lend support. Kitemag will be covering the event, so you may end up as an article in the NEXT MAG!
Last year we saw Newcomers pick up sponsorship deals – this could be YOU this year! ALL WELCOME – The “2015 NATIONAL KITEBOARDING CHAMPION” could be YOU!
All Divisions OPEN to: Australian Citizens and Permanent Residents
Entry Fee: $90 includes a quality TEE ! Entry Fee also Includes: Food BBQ Sizzle / Drinks / Water / No Wind Activities / Access all Areas etc Presentation Sunday 4pm – Awards and Prizes (Extra award/prizes for Encouragement and Expression riders.)
Divisions: Junior – 16 & Under as of 1st JulyYouth – 18 & Under as of 1st July Open Mens – Any age Open Womens – Any age Master – 35 & Over as of 1st July Allstar Event – Non Citizen Expression Session. (Fun Extra Event if Wind and Time permit!)
Yes this is a 4 man Double Elimination round robin, you don’t get knocked out in first round! Heat Time: TBA – depending on wind. Example: 20 min session – Continuous Start, wind dependant. We have some of the finest Judges to score you at this event – Intermediates are most welcome.
Thanks to our FANTASTIC SPONSORS: OZONE / CABRINHA / NORTH / BEST / EXULT Kitewear / Bravo Pumps / Mystic and our favourite Mag ; KITEMAG . Also a big thanks to KITEPOWER who are also sponsoring the event with lots of prizes and help!
Register and pay here: https://www.registernow.com.au/secure/Register.aspx?E=15376
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/kiteboardnationals LIKE IT !
If you hadn’t noticed summer is nearly here and the sea breezes are already starting apparently (no-one has looked up what a sea breeze actually is I think) but there is wind none the less. This opens the floor to the first kitesurfing.com.au video competition!!
For this video comp you must submit a video (via youtube or something) of you or a mate kitesurfing on the most obscure board imaginable! I once used a plastic toy guitar with some degree of success. To qualify the video must contain a kiter, actually riding on the object for some distance lets say 20m or more and hopefully end in a large stack (will gain you points!)
Get creative, planks of wood are simply shit and isn’t going to win you anything, attaching a hydrofoil to something also doesn’t really count but I like it so enter it anyway!
There will be a prizes when I can find a willing sponsor / donor but worst case you’ll get the kudos of the kitesurfing community.
A VIDEO OF YOU KITE SURFING ON SOMETHING STRANGE, BIZARE, STUPID, INCONCEIVABLE.
Below are the entry details.
- Kiter must ride for at least 20m to qualify 50m is best, a turn n return is awesome! – the further the more points however if its that easy to ride try find a harder object!!
- The kiter is the entrant not the person that shot the video! – There just ain’t no skill in shooting a video with a phone! more points for more creative film making tho!
- There must be an explanation of what it is that you are riding in the entry comment below this post.
- The object must be a non-pollutant! – I can’t stress this enough, dirty the sea I’ll come crap in your shoes!
- You MUST retrieve the item! – You can’t go nuts on something thats going to sink and leave it out in the bay, the winner and their steed will be presented the award, no steed no prize!
- The judges will be myself (Pete) and whoever I can get at the pub to watch them over beers.
How to submit your entry.
- Upload your video somewhere, if its facebook you need to post it to the Northern Beaches Kiters page AND then add a comment to the comments below to say you’ve entered on facebook with a link if poss, if needed get me the video and I’ll upload / host it.
- Youtube/vimeo entries are quickest, upload it and share the link in the comments on this post (not Facebook!) try and put a link this post in the comments on youtube.
- Use your REAL email address to post in the comments HERE!. They are hidden from the world and if you don’t use it I won’t know how to get hold of you for your prize!!
- This comp runs from NOW until November 16th 2014! – That is plenty of time to get your stuff together.
- Try and keep it safe.
- Points awarded for adding difficulty – waves, old kites, unsuitable attire etc etc
- Big crashes are awesome
- Small interviews in the video are good, describe what your going to ride, give it a name and then ride it!
- If you can get the whole beach in hysterics I’m going to like that.
OK, Any other questions drop us an email email@example.com
Have fun.. Wish I could enter…
REMEMBER – TO ENTER YOU MUST COMMENT TO THIS POST BELOW…..
A quick shout out for the new AK National Championships being held down at the Royal Brighton Yacht Club and sponsored by Cabrinha!
Below is the flier, but for more info I’d suggest checking out www.aksa.com.au
It’s also a good time to get your AK membership back up to date and get the all important 3rd party insurance!