If you hadn’t noticed summer is nearly here and the sea breezes are already starting apparently (no-one has looked up what a sea breeze actually is I think) but there is wind none the less. This opens the floor to the first kitesurfing.com.au video competition!!
For this video comp you must submit a video (via youtube or something) of you or a mate kitesurfing on the most obscure board imaginable! I once used a plastic toy guitar with some degree of success. To qualify the video must contain a kiter, actually riding on the object for some distance lets say 20m or more and hopefully end in a large stack (will gain you points!)
Get creative, planks of wood are simply shit and isn’t going to win you anything, attaching a hydrofoil to something also doesn’t really count but I like it so enter it anyway!
There will be a prizes when I can find a willing sponsor / donor but worst case you’ll get the kudos of the kitesurfing community.
A VIDEO OF YOU KITE SURFING ON SOMETHING STRANGE, BIZARE, STUPID, INCONCEIVABLE.
Below are the entry details.
- Kiter must ride for at least 20m to qualify 50m is best, a turn n return is awesome! – the further the more points however if its that easy to ride try find a harder object!!
- The kiter is the entrant not the person that shot the video! – There just ain’t no skill in shooting a video with a phone! more points for more creative film making tho!
- There must be an explanation of what it is that you are riding in the entry comment below this post.
- The object must be a non-pollutant! – I can’t stress this enough, dirty the sea I’ll come crap in your shoes!
- You MUST retrieve the item! – You can’t go nuts on something thats going to sink and leave it out in the bay, the winner and their steed will be presented the award, no steed no prize!
- The judges will be myself (Pete) and whoever I can get at the pub to watch them over beers.
How to submit your entry.
- Upload your video somewhere, if its facebook you need to post it to the Northern Beaches Kiters page AND then add a comment to the comments below to say you’ve entered on facebook with a link if poss, if needed get me the video and I’ll upload / host it.
- Youtube/vimeo entries are quickest, upload it and share the link in the comments on this post (not Facebook!) try and put a link this post in the comments on youtube.
- Use your REAL email address to post in the comments HERE!. They are hidden from the world and if you don’t use it I won’t know how to get hold of you for your prize!!
- This comp runs from NOW until November 16th 2014! – That is plenty of time to get your stuff together.
- Try and keep it safe.
- Points awarded for adding difficulty – waves, old kites, unsuitable attire etc etc
- Big crashes are awesome
- Small interviews in the video are good, describe what your going to ride, give it a name and then ride it!
- If you can get the whole beach in hysterics I’m going to like that.
OK, Any other questions drop us an email firstname.lastname@example.org
Have fun.. Wish I could enter…